Oct 3-Oct 9 is Dyslexia Awareness Week and October is Dyslexia Awareness Month.October 6 is Dyslexia Awareness Day with a global campaign Go Red For Dyslexia . This campaign is all about changing the narrative for people with dyslexic thinking and shouting from the rooftops about all the amazing things people with this learning difference can do. With this in mind, we will be running a number of red themed initiatives throughout the school across the week:
- St Fintan’s High School will be lit up in red in our night skies on the eve and night of Dyslexia Awareness Day showing our support for learning differences within our community.
- A number of workshops will be held whereby students will create and distribute red dyslexia awareness friendship bracelets.
- The CDI and Wellbeing Prefects will make and distribute red ribbon pins for all to wear by way of support
- Design a Dyslexia Awareness T-Shirt competition in Wellbeing Classes
- Red cupcakes will be on sale in the Cafeteria on 6 October.